Skills Assured Job Trainer - Certificate in Hospitality QLD
QLD Job Trainer - Skills Assured - Certificate in Hospitality
What does it cost to complete a qualification or short course?
Short courses and lower level qualifications (up to a certificate III level) will be fully funded by the Queensland Government, with eligible students required to pay no fee.
Higher level qualifications (certificate IV and higher) will be funded at higher concessional subsidies, with eligible students required to pay a low fee at no more than $400.
The out-of-pocket expense for individuals will vary depending on the higher level qualification undertaken and the approved training provider chosen.
A co-contribution fee (if required) may be paid on behalf of a student by an employer or another third party but cannot be paid or waived by the SAS, or any organisation related to the SAS, unless approved by the department.
The subsidy payable to approved training providers on behalf of eligible students is detailed on the
Who is eligible to undertake training?
To be eligible to enrol in a training place funded under JobTrainer, prospective students must:
- permanently reside in Queensland, and
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen, and
- have finished school or no longer be at school (including home schooled), and
- not already be enrolled in training (includes VET and higher education courses), and
- not have previously completed a qualification funded under the JobTrainer Fund, and
- either be a job seeker or a school leaver or young person.
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participate in certain subsidised qualifications or short courses, which will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the JobTrainer priority course list.
Can students enrol in more than one short course or qualification?
Students may only complete one qualification funded under JobTrainer but may undertake multiple short courses. Students cannot be enrolled in more than one short course or qualification at a time.
Prospective students who have previously completed a qualification are still eligible to enrol in a subsidised training place as JobTrainer offers people a chance to retrain and gain new skills and qualifications.